Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Changes in Class Size!!



After observing a full day at school, the teachers and I all agreed that
"Classroom 1" needed to be divided!! There were 18 two, three, and four year olds in a room that was about ten feet by ten feet. I could not even move around the tables to get around in the classroom!!! SOOOOOOOOO.....I will teach half of the class!! That will be my morning class. I am teaching the ABC's, numbers, colors, shapes, and counting. We sing songs and move around. THESE LITTLE ONES HAVE SOOO MUCH ENERGY!!! It's just like having 9 Ellis' around!!!! They pop up and down, run out the door, constantly are into my teaching material, have to go potty, need a drink, and anything else you could imagine!!! I am totally WORN OUT at 11:00 when class is over!!!! The children are learning English, so they speak to me Khmer all the time and I just nod my head or say "OK"......I have no idea what they are telling me....and they don't really know what I am saying!!! One thing I know is that when hug one of these beautiful Cambodian children,and give him a smile, I have made his day!! And when he smiles back at me, he has made MY day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment