Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More Changes in Class Size!!




I am now also teaching a class in the afternoon. These are the oldest students, ranging in ages 9-16!!!!!! It's a true one room school house and I am the teacher!! These students attend local school, and are only attending Clever Child International School for the "summer session". Their English is pretty good. WOW, what an easy group compared to my morning class!!!!!! This is like teaching first grade (only because they are just LEARNING English~~they are ALLLLL very smart students!). The first day I modeled writing for them~~I wrote about myself. Then I had the students draw a picture of themselves and then write about themselves, so I could learn more about them! We worked on spelling various words using letter blocks, and then played a game of identifying items that were "same" and "different". Later, I read them the story, Danny and the Dinosaur (An I Can Read book), which they loved!! They laughed at Danny riding on the dinosaur!! Today we will work on rhyming words!! I love teaching!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment