Sunday, August 21, 2011

DAY 1 - Shelter of Love




Today we went to church at Shelter of Love (you can google to find out more information), and had a great time. Of course the service was in Khmer so I didn't understand it!! Ha, ha!!! The girls had a great time playing with old and new friends.

After dinner, I took the girls on a stroller ride around the town. You would not believe the STARES I got! First of all, we were WHITE. Second of all, THE STROLLER!! To see causasians walking around town in this area is not so common, and the people in this area do not own strollers! Many people stopped to "talk" with us and take a look at the girls! We even had little girls and boys riding bikes follow us almost all the back to where we are staying!

It's amazing how deeply you can communicate with someone by just eye contact and a smile! I love Cambodian people!!

After our stroller ride adventure, we took showers, and were IN BED by 7:30!!!! Sooooo tired!! I think the heat played a part in our lack of energy, since it was 110degrees yesterday!!!!! It is really hot. My body is constantly wet. It is not such a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment